Working Time: Part Time
Compensation: Un-Paid Internship
Garden View Inc. seeks an Education Outreach Intern to assist in developing its ground breaking Education and Outreach Program. This exciting and new hands-on program aims to give elementary level students the opportunity to cultivate their futures through gardening and exploring nature by directly placing plants in the hands of students. The Education Outreach Intern, under the direction of the Education and Outreach Coordinator, will have the primary responsibilities to:
- Assist and collaborate on the ground floor with lesson plans and program.
- Help facilitate and implement program at elementary schools (help students plant, get in the soil, grow a tree, etc.)
- Assist in computer task work necessitated by Education and Outreach Coordinator
This internship would be ideal for a student with an interest in working with youth, environmental, agricultural, or horticultural education, and sustainable gardening. We are seeking a dedicated and positive individual who works well collaborating with others, yet is self-motivated and can work independently both efficiently and in the spirit of constant improvement. The Education Outreach Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in developing and leading activities for students, learning and utilizing sustainable gardening practices, and exploring the landscape and nursery industries.
- Experience or desire working with elementary level students
- Clear a series of state mandated criminal background checks and TB test
- Articulate communication and organizational skills
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Comfortable assisting and sometimes leading youth group activities/lessons
Desired Qualifications, but not necessary:
- CPR training
- Experience with Photoshop/ Graphic Design
- Basic gardening experience
Schedule: 10 hours per week minimum: 2-4 hours every other week on school site and 4+ hours office or home.
Please send resume to [email protected] with the internship title as the subject line.
Garden View Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other criterion specified by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its employment policy.