Working Time: Part Time
Compensation: Un-Paid Internship
Garden View Inc. seeks a Graphic Design and Art/ Illustration/ Animation Intern to assist in developing its ground breaking Education and Outreach Program. This exciting and new hands-on program aims to give elementary level students the opportunity to cultivate their futures through gardening and exploring nature.
We are seeking a dedicated and positive individual who works well collaborating with others, yet is self-motivated and can work independently both efficiently and in the spirit of constant improvement. The Graphic Design and Art/ Illustration/ Animation Intern, under the direction of the Education and Outreach Coordinator, will have the primary responsibilities to:
- Assist and collaborate on the ground floor on illustration/ graphic design projects.
- Create, design, and research illustrated brand recognition templates and implement design in program and outreach efforts
- Ability to communicate and pitch proposed design directions
- Assist in tasks necessitated by Education and Outreach Coordinator or other division department heads.
- Strong creative design portfolio with examples of thoughtful and communicative graphics, with an interest in illustration is recommended
- Demonstrated proficiency with graphic design software such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Ability to work under deadlines and produce work in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work well in a multidisciplinary team
- Provide own personal laptop with appropriate graphic programs.
- Previous experience working with branding, marketing, or illustrative character design
Schedule: 5-10 hours per week minimum at office or home.
Please send resume to [email protected] with the internship title as the subject line.
Garden View Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other criterion specified by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its employment policy.