Garden View Inc. has done hundreds of jobs designed by various landscape architects. Now most of our work is design-build style, winning 98 various category awards from California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) including the Best Design / Build in the State of California. Most of our designs are "loss leaders" meaning they are prepared for our clients at a cost to them that is considerably less than what it costs us to produce.
Artistically Designed Projects Can Add Much More Value Than They Cost. Applying a common sense approach to the rules of art, the relationship between the structures and the landscape, personnel preferences and function is paramount in our design philosophy. Cost effectiveness and cohesiveness of design and construction is achieved throughout the construction process.
Teamwork - Synergy Between Different Divisions & Team Players. Garden View owns its own large nursery, employs landscapers, masons and other specialty workers. The synergy between having our own Designer/project managers, in-house crews, our own large nursery and being a licensed pool builder provides for efficiency, competitive pricing and quality and schedule control.
Mark Meahl, president and founder of Garden View, is intimately involved with the conception of the design through completion and is involved daily during construction. The talented design team of Felix Jaimes, Adrian Acevedo, and Samantha Hung start the conceptual designs and 3D renders. Jeff Rettberg takes care of bidding and permits, Jonathan Schaefer is the Production Manager which includes scheduling, procurement, and project management assistance. All the while Richard Riedel and Eddie oversee the entire process as Project Managers.
What are the benefits of Design-Build?
- Singular Responsibility: With both design and construction in the hands of a single entity utilizing a turn-key single source responsibility there is a single point of responsibility for quality, cost, and schedule adherence. The design-builder is motivated to deliver a successful project by fulfilling multiple parallel objectives, including aesthetic and functional quality, budget, and schedule for timely completion.
- Quality: The singular responsibility inherent in design-build serves as a motivation for quality and proper project performance. During the construction process this attention to quality does not end, as the designer becomes the master builder, and manages the construction of the project to completion.
- Cost Savings: Design and construction personnel, working and communicating as a team, evaluate alternative materials and methods efficiently and accurately. Value engineering and constructability are utilized continuously and more effectively when the designers and contractors work as a team during the entire design process. Architectural design costs are usually reduced significantly and the cost of the Architect to review the construction is eliminated.
- Time Savings: Because design and construction are overlapped and because bidding periods and redesign are minimized, total design and construction time can be significantly reduced. With design-build, many decisions on details can be made as the project moves on. The resulting time savings translates into lower costs and earlier utilization of the completed project.
- Early Knowledge of Construction Costs: Construction costs are known far earlier than in other delivery systems. The entity responsible for design is simultaneously estimating construction costs and can accurately conceptualize the completed project.