Skip to content
How to Plant a Tree or Shrub
- Dig hole minimum 1½ times bigger than rootball in both directions
- Allow for a compacted or native soil 'Plateau' for tree to sit upon
- Mix ½ dirt taken out of the hole with ½ compost
- Fill in half of the hole with the mix from above
- Place tree or shrub in hole. Be very careful not to bury the "crown"
(The crown is where the tree meets the rootball)
- Place fertilizer or fertilizer tablets (Approx 4) around tree
- Fill in rest of hole with remaining dirt/compost mix from above.
Leave a basin around tree (like a bowl) to hold water
- Water tree adding Vitamin B to water before watering
- Water tree well for two weeks
- Build tree house in 20 years (optional)