- Wilting leaves are your first indicator of summer heat and light stress
- Leaf curl
- Dropping flowers/ fruit and eventually leaves
- While some stress is normal when your plant is first planted, summer heat can quickly turn stress into distress!
- Browning of leaf margins and darkening/yellowing of leaf surface from intense heat/light
- Generally happens on highest leaves
- Roots simply can’t compete with the amount of water lost through the leaves (leaf transpiration beats capillarity in roots)
- Browning of fruit or branches of plant from intense heat/light
- Fruit/Bark tend to be tougher than leaves, so this a signs of heat damage at a later stage for a plant
Now you know what you are looking for! Ready for the solution?